Monday, February 6, 2012

Jason Wu for Target

As I mentioned in my previous post, I got up early on Sunday morning to head over to Target and check out the Jason Wu collection. After seeing these pictures, I was pretty excited:


Mostly I wanted to get my hands on one of the adorable dresses. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a disappointment. My Target didn't have all of the dresses. I tried on two of the pictured dresses, the middle and the one on the right, along with one of the navy and red striped dresses. I had high hopes, because it's exactly my style: prints and stripes, short, and fitted (or so i thought). When I actually tried them on, they fit me like sacks. The middle one looked okay, but in the end it just wasn't worth the $40. I brought my sister with me, and ended up buying her this blouse ($35):


It looks great with her blue eyes. I would have bought it for myself but she's going to college next year, and with a wardrobe of mostly baggy T-shirts, I felt that she needed it more. She'll get a lot of mileage out of this top (and I'm going to borrow it... like, a LOT). 

I didn't leave empty handed, though. In the end I was trying to decide between the black lace clutch ($35) and the cat scarf ($20). Naturally, I went with the cheaper option.


I like it so much, I don't even think I'm going to try to resell it on eBay for triple the price. 

Anyway, although I was pretty sad about the dresses, I might go back and try again some other week when I have more money and a belt. That's the nice thing about living in the middle of nowhere; when we showed up extra early on Sunday to beat the crowd, we realized that the crowd was still in bed, blissfully ignorant of "Jason who?"

No comments:

Post a Comment