Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Recent Reads


I recently joined paperbackswap.com and I'm really enjoying it so far. I mailed out some requested books that I no longer want (i.e. my fourth copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) and in return, I've gotten I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides--for free! I already finished the former and absolutely loved it--if you haven't read it, you must. Now I'm going to start Middlesex, which is by the author of The Virgin Suicides and The Marriage Plot (I'll be reading those next, I think). 

Also, my boyfriend got me Diane Keaton's memoir, Then Again, for Christmas. I just finished it and found it unexpectedly sad--she writes about her mother, who had Alzheimer's, and includes excerpts of her journals. I love reading memoirs; by the end of them I always feel like I've become fast friends with the writer. We watched Manhattan Murder Mystery last night (which I definitely recommend; I might like it more than Annie Hall even) and I felt compelled to root for her through the whole movie.


What about you? Read (or watch) anything good lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment